Related with Investments, President Jokowi Appoints a Number of Ministers as the Liaison
Date 25 November 2015
In the plenary cabinet meeting held at the Presidential Palace in Bogor, West Java, on Monday (23/11) afternoon, President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) has decided to provide an additional assignment to some ministers as a liaison for each country in case there are problems related to investment, licensing, or the matters concerning the related country.
Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung conveys the names of minister who obtain additional duties as a liaison between countries, namely:
1. Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, Sudirman Said is responsible for Middle East;
2. Minister of Planning/Head of Bappenas, Sofyan Djalil for Japan;
3. Minister SOEs, Rini Soemarno for the PRC;
4. Minister of Marine and Fisheries, Susi Pudjiastuti for Russia and the United States.
“Later for the US in a part would be set the authority to the MCIT, Rudiantara, so there is sharing,” Cabinet Secretary said.
5. Minister of Trade, Thomas Lembong for Europe and Australia;
6. Minister of Transportation Ignatius Jonan for India;
7. Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security, Luhut B. Pandjaitan for Singapore;
8. Maritime Coordinating Minister Rizal Ramli for Malaysia;
9. Head of the Agency Creative Economy Triawan Munaf for South Korea;
10. Head of BKPM Franky Sibarani for Taiwan and Hong Kong;
11. MCIT Rudiantara for the US and South America; and
12. Minister of Agriculture Amran Sulaiman for Thailand and Vietnam and other Asian countries outside Singapore and Malaysia.
Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung explained the additional assignments to the minister, the point that no person in charge is directly related to the problems with each of these countries. “Because of the problems we have stopped in sectoral issues, then there is no completion, then for completion of, there is a minister specifically assigned by the President,” he explained.
Essentially, said Cabinet Secretary, that the designation for efficiency so that there is responsible person, not throw each other the responsibility, and for those countries in case addressing the issue already know whom to call. (SLN/UN/OJI/RAH/ES)/Sy.