Religious Affairs Ministry Opens Free Halal Certification for Micro, Small Businesses
Halal Product Assurance Organizing Agency (BPJPH) of Ministry of Religious Affairs has reopened a quota of Free Halal Certification (SEHATI) program for MSEs.
“We hope that this program can be utilized optimally by MSEs,” said Head of the BPJPH Muhammad Aqil Irham, in a written statement, Wednesday (08/24).
This program is part of the National Economic Recovery Program (PEN) and is planned to be given to 324,834 MSEs.
Previously, in the first semester of 2022, the BPJPH had opened registration for 25,000 SEHATI which had reached the target and closed on July 11th, 2022.
“For the second phase, we are reopening for MSEs in thirty four provinces,” he said, adding that Ministry of Religious Affairs has also opened the recruitment of Halal Product Process (PPH) Facilitators in thirteen provinces.
“We have trained 6,033 PPH Facilitators and reactivated 12,954 PPH Facilitators from various provinces parallely. We hope that with this program, Indonesia’s halal ecosystem will expand,” he said.
The following are a number of requirements for MSEs to be able to participate in the SEHATI second phase program:
- Have an NIB (Business Identification Number) with low risk (single license)
- Micro or small business scale
- Standard Classification of Indonesian Business Fields (KBLI) in accordance with the type of product stated in the Decree of the Head of BPJPH Number 33 of 2022
- Have at most one outlet and/or production facility
- Never received halal certificate from other parties
- Using ingredients that have been confirmed to be halal
- Simple production process (non-factory business)
Starting on August 24th this year, the MSEs can access the SIHALAL application through ptsp.halal.go.id to submit the requirements. The guide or tutorial for using the SIHALAL application can be seen at the following link:
Criteria for products that are included in the self-declaring category can be referred to the Decree of the Head of BPJPH Number 33 of 2022 on Self-Declare Criteria, which can be found at this link. (Public Relations of Ministry of Religious Affairs/UN) (YC/EST)
Visit the official website of the Ministry of Religious Affairs via this link.