Religious Ministry Cancels Marriage Registration Service Outside of KUA
Date 9 April 2020
In the time of COVID-19, the Indonesian Ministry of Religious Affairs has announced its decision to limit marriage registration services at the Office of Religious Affairs (KUA). The Ministry also offers a refund for prospective brides and grooms who have deposited the registration fee for marriage registration service outside of KUA.
“For prospective brides and grooms who have paid the registration fee of Rp600 thousand to the treasury fund for marriage registration service outside of KUA, we will offer a refund for it,” Minister of Religious Affairs Fachrul Razi stated during a virtual meeting with the House of Representatives Commission VIII, in Jakarta, Wednesday (8/4).
The Minister stated that currently, the prospective brides and grooms could only submit an online form for marriage registration through the simkah.kemenag.go.id page.
“The particular marriage registration service after 1 April 2020 will be canceled. The prospective brides and grooms can still submit an online form of the marriage registration services which will be held after the COVID-19 pandemic is over,” Fachrul said.
In addition, other services such as marriage guidance for prospective brides and grooms, marriage counseling, pre-hajj manasik guidance, and other religious guidance in the district office of KUA will also be canceled. This needs to be done to promote physical distancing.
On another occasion, Director General for Guidance of the Islamic Community Kamaruddin Amin stated that the refund for the registration fee can be obtained by submitting an application letter which can be downloaded from bimasislam.kemenag.go.id page and some other requirements.
Some requirements that need to be completed by the prospective brides and grooms to submit the letter are as follow:
- An application can only be made by one prospective bride/groom.
- An application letter for the refund must be signed and sealed.
- A copy of proof of registration for the marriage registration service model N2, legalized by the Head of District KUA.
- A copy of State Revenue Proof (BPN)/Proof of Transfer legalized by the District KUA.
- A copy for both prospective bride and groom’s Identification Card.
- A copy of the applicant’s account book for refund purposes (the account must be active and the copy must be clear).
- A copy of the applicant’s Taxpayer Identification Number (if any).
- The applicant’s active phone number.
These requirements shall be sent to Directorate General for Guidance of the Islamic Community at Ministry of Religious Affairs Office, M.H. Thamrin Street Number 6, 6th floor, Central Jakarta. (Ministry of Religious Affairs PR/EN)
Translated by: Fairuzzamani Inayatillah
Reviewed by: Lulu Wuliarti