Starting from Today, Indonesian Hajj Pilgrims Embark
The embarkation of Indonesian Hajj pilgrims for the year 1443 Hijri/2022 was started on Saturday (06/04).
Minister of Religious Affairs Yaqut Cholil Qoumas, when sending off the first group consisting of 393 hajj pilgrims of Jakarta – Pondok Gede (JKG 01) embarkation point, at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport Tangerang regency, Banten province, gave his advices to the pilgrims.
First, Yaqut called on the hajj pilgrims to reset their intention.
“Please reset your intention that you will go to the holy city to do our worship, to perform the fifth pillar of Islam in order to fulfill our faith in Islam. Our intention is to do our sacred worship, nothing else,” he reminded them.
Second, Minister of Religious Affairs also asked the Indonesian Hajj pilgrims to take care of their health, especially during the hot weather in Saudi Arabia.
“I hope that all of you can take care of your health. Drink water many times and don’t forget to take vitamins too,” he said.
Third, Yaqut called on the pilgrims to minimize their activities out of the hajj rituals.
“Only for worship, other than that, just do what is necessary. I hope you really concern about this, so you can perform Hajj rituals smoothly, and can fulfil all Hajj requirements and rituals,” he expressed his hope.
Fourth, he also said that the pilgrims should not hesitate to ask the officers when having problems during the Hajj procession.
“Do not hesitate to ask the officers when you have problems because Ministry of Religious Affairs has employed so many personnel there to assist you all,” he said.
The Minister continued to explain that the officers employed including assistants of groups and the personnel included in the Committee of Hajj Rituals Management (PPIH) of Saudi Arabia. During the journey and the Hajj procession, every group is assisted by four personnel consisting of one personnel from Indonesian Hajj Guide Team (TPHI), one personnel from Indonesian Hajj Rituals Guide Team (TPIHI), and two personnel from Indonesian Hajj Health Team (TKHI).
“They are all prepared to assist the Hajj groups, so they can perform the rituals smoothly,” he added.
Furthermore, Minister of Religious Affairs expressed his hope that the pilgrims’ Hajj can be accepted [by Allah Swt].
“Lastly, let us pray together so the pilgrims’ Hajj can be accepted by Allah Swt. After performing the Hajj rituals, may your Hajj can be accepted,” he said.
Following are the embarkation of 2,776 Indonesian Hajj pilgrims on 4 June 2022:
- Solo embarkation point: SOC 01, 360 pilgrims, time of departure: 00.30 Western Indonesian Time.
- Jakarta – Pondok Gede embarkation point: JKG 01, 393 pilgrims, time of departure: 06.05 Western Indonesian Time
- Jakarta – Bekasi embarkation point: JKS 01, 410 pilgrims, time of departure: 07.25 Western Indonesian Time.
- Solo embarkation point: SOC 02, 360 pilgrims, time of departure: 05.35 Western Indonesian Time.
- Jakarta – Bekasi embarkation point: JKS 02, 410 pilgrims, time of departure: 08.40 Western Indonesian Time.
- Surabaya embarkation point: SUB 01, 450 pilgrims, time of departure: 08.30 Western Indonesian Time.
- Padang embarkation point: PDG 01, 393 pilgrims, time of departure: 13.50 Western Indonesian Time.
(PR Office of Ministry of Religious Affairs/UN) (AW/HD)