These are New Names of the Working Cabinet
Date 27 Juli 2016
At Merdeka Palaces yard, Jakarta, on Wednesday (27/7) morning, President Joko Widodo, accompanied by Vice President Jusuf Kalla, Minister of State Secretary Pratikno, and Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung, officially announced cabinet reshuffle.
There are 4 (four) transferred ministers and 9 (nine) new ministers in the cabinet for 2014-2019 period. They are, as follows:
- Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan, previously was Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal, and Security Affairs, now becomes Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs.
- Bambang Brodjonegoro, previously was Minister of Finance, now becomes Minister of National Development Planning/Head of National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas);
- Sofyan Djalil, previously was Minister of National Development Planning/Head of National Development Planning Agency, now becomes Minister of Agrarian and Spatial Planning/Head of National Land Agency, and
- Thomas Trikasih Lembong, previously was Minister of Trade, now becomes Head of Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM).
Meanwhile the new names in the cabinet are:
- Wiranto becomes Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal, and Security Affairs
- Sri Mulyani Indrawati becomes Minister of Finance;
- Eko Putro Sanjoyo becomes Minister of Villages, Underdeveloped Regions, and Transmigration;
- Budi Karya Sumadi becomes Minister of Transportation;
- Muhajir Effendi becomes Minister of Education and Culture;
- Enggartiasto Lukito becomes Minister of Trade;
- Airlangga Hartarto becomes Minister of Industry;
- Archandra Tahar becomes Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources; and
Asman Abnur becomes Minister of State Apparatus Empowerment and Bureaucratic Reform.(UN/RHD/ES)(MMB/YM/Naster)