These Regions Achieve Raskin Award of 2014
Date 13 Oktober 2014
Coordinating Minister for People Welfare (Kesra) Agung Laksono handed Raskin (Rice for the poor) Award of 2014 at Oryza Room, BULOG, on Gatot Subroto road Kav. 49 in Jakarta, on Thursday (9/10), to several Regency / City Authorities that assessed to have properly conducting Raskin Program.
For General category three Regencies and three Cities are selected to be the top three. While four Regencies / Cities are chosen for the best in Particular category, that were; Best Local Government Participation, Best Community Involvement, Best Transparency Program, and Best Innovation on Raskin Distribution.
Raskin Awards Winners of 2014:
General Category for Regency
- First winner I: Natuna Regency, Kepulauan Riau Province.
- Second winner II: Kutai Barat Regency, East Kalimantan Province.
- Third winner III: Kediri Regency, East Java Province.
General Category for City
- First winner I: Bandung, West Java Province.
- Second winner II: Sabang, Aceh Province.
- Third winner III: Gorontalo, Gorontalo Province.
- BEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT PARTICIPATION: Batam City, Kepulauan Riau Province, that has allocated large money from Regional Budget to conduct Raskin Program, in order to ensure the program to successfully carried out, moreover because it takes account the poor so well in fulfilling basic need.
- BEST COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT: Tabanan Regency, Bali Province, that has successfully organizing community involvement through Lian Banjar (Community Leader. The involvement of Lian Banjar is a breakthrough so that people under his leadership directly participate in the distribution of Raskin).
- BEST TRANSPARANCY PROGRAMME: Balikpapan City, East Kalimantan Province, that has being assessed as best due to the updating of RTS data as primary indicator of Primary Target of Raskin Program. Data from TNP2K is printed and uploaded on public media, so then people could give inputs. Therefore, public could monitor the distribution of Raskin and assess if the target is eligible to receive the Raskin.
- BEST INNOVATION ON RASKIN DISTRIBUTION: Mimika Regency, Papua Province, that has able to innovate in distributing Raskin, amid geographic and topographic challenges which is considered as tough and hard, moreover the socio cultural of the people that is vulnerable with conflicts. However, distribution of Raskin was smooth, on time, accurate both in number and price.
Previously, the selection of winners carried out by a team consist of Central Raskin team, team from Coordinating Ministry for Kesra, BULOG, BPS, TNP2K, government institutions together with universities. There are phases of selection; Desk Evaluation, Questioner, Direct Interview With RTS, Descriptive Evaluation on Performance during 5 recent years which is done by the local government (Regency/City) in conducting Raskin Program.
First result gives best 50 Regencies / Cities. Next, depth evaluation is carried out to check other aspects related to Raskin Program, until 18 Regencies/Cities are set as the Raskin Award Nominees of 2014. After that, site visit is done by Verificator team consist of Coordinating Ministry for Kesra, BULOG, TNP2K, BPS and Universities.
The result from verification and interview process is comprehensively analyzed to set final winners. The assessment is based on four aspects that are Management of the Program, Local Government Participation, The Accuracy of Raskin Program, and Community Involvement. The final score of each participant is cumulative calculation using certain formula combined with specific consideration based on comprehensive aspects.(Humas Kemenko Kesra/ES)(Ifp)