Third-Class BPJS Services Need Improvement, President Jokowi Says

By Office of Assistant to Deputy Cabinet Secretary for State Documents & Translation     Date 6 Desember 2019
Category: News
Read: 236 Views

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo accompanied by Minister of Health and Banten Governor, answers questions from reporters after inspecting the Cilegon Regional Hospital, Banten Province, Friday (6/12). (Photo by: Oji / PR)

The Government has found a solution to tackle the deficit faced by the Health Care and Social Security Agency (BPJS Kesehatan) that has sparked complaints from hospitals, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has said.

“The Government aims to resolve the issue for the past four years, but the solution has not been found yet,” President Jokowi told reporters at Cilegon Regional Hospital in Banten Province, Friday (6/12).

The President went on to say that Minister of Health has presented the solution during a Limited Cabinet Meeting on Thursday (5/12). “You can ask it to the Minister directly,” he said.

Based on his inspection in the hospital, according to him, 80 percent of the patients are Contribution Assistance Recipients (PBI) patients, while the remaining 20% are non-PBI or self-fund patients. “The numbers of recipients are almost the same whether in Lampung or in Subang,” the President said.

On that occasion, President Jokowi said that each hospital would provide different services, adding that several hospitals already provide good services, while others are still improving.

President Jokowi also called on hospitals that provide services for BPJS Kesehatan program participants to improve their services, especially healthcare services for third-class policyholders.

“There should be privacy curtains used as barriers between patients even though they receive third-class services,” he added. (FID/OJI/ES)



Translated by: Syarifah Aisyah
Reviewed by: M. Ersan Pamungkas

Latest News