To be Inaugurated this Noon, New Ministers Join the Prime Cabinet Meeting Directly
Date 27 Oktober 2014
The ministers of Working Cabinet announced by President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) and Vice President Jusuf Kalla (JK) yesterday will be inaugurated and sworn officially this noon in the State Palace, Jakarta. All of male ministers that will be inaugurated, will wear long-sleeved batik shirt and capped, not the complete civilian outfit (suit with tie), while the eight female ministers will wear national outfits.
Along with this ministers inauguration, President Jokowi is also scheduled to inaugurate Cabinet Secretary, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Deputy Minister of Financial Affairs for 2014-2019 periods. After that, President Jokowi will chair directly the first cabinet meeting of his government in 2. P.m. Western Indonesia Time, at the Presidential Office, the State Palace.
As reported previously, President Jokowi announced the 34 names of ministers of Working Cabinet on Sunday at 5.16 p.m. Indonesian Western Time in the backyard of Merdeka Palace. Alhamdulillah-hirabil-alamin, in this afternoon, the new cabinet has just been created and we call it Working Cabinet, President Jokowi said it before the announcement.
According to President Jokowi, the announcement is eight days faster that the mandate of Law about State Ministry, which is 14 days. Being different from his predecessor, President Jokowi announced the cabinet by giving introductions and backgrounds of the ministers that he chose to the people.
From 34 ministers, eight of them are females. They are; Minister of State-Owned Enterprises Affairs Rini Soemarno, Minister of Environment and Forestry Affairs Siti Nurbaya, Coordinating Minister for Human Development and Culture Affairs Puan Maharani, Minister of Health Affairs Nila Moeloek, Minister of Social Affairs Khofifah Indra Parawansa, Minister of Womens Empowerment and Child Protection Affairs Yohana Susana Yembise, Minister of Foreign Affairs Retno LP Marsudi, and Minister of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Affairs Susi Pudjiastuti.
These are 34 ministers that will be inaugurated today:
1. Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs : Indroyono Susilo
2. Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs: Tedjo Edhy Purdijatno
3. Coordinating Minister for Economic : Sofyan Djalil
4. Coordinating Minister for Human Development and Culture : Puan Maharani
5. Minister of State Secretary: Pratikno
6. National Development Planning Minister/National Development Planning Board/ Chief of Bappenas: Andrinof Chaniago
7. Minister of Transportation : Ignasius Jonan
8. Minister of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries : Susi Pudjiastuti
9. Minister of Tourism : Arief Yahya
10. Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources : Sudirman Said
11. Minister of Home Affairs: Tjahjo Kumolo
12. Minister of Foreign Affairs : Retno Lestari Priansari Marsudi
13. Minister of Defense : Ryamizard Ryacudu
14. Minister of Law and Human Rights : Yasona H. Laoly
15. Minister of Communications and Information : Rudiantara
16. Minister of Administrative and Bureaucratic Reform : Yuddy Chrisnandi
17. Minister of Finance : Bambang Brodjonegoro
18. Minister of State-Owned Enterprises : Rini Soemarno
19. Minister of Cooperatives and Small and Medium Enterprises : AAGN Puspayoga
20. Minister of Industry : Saleh Husin
21. Minister of Trade : Rahmat Gobel
22. Minister of Agriculture : Amran Sulaiman
23. Minister of Manpower : Hanif Dhakiri
24. Minister of Public Works and Public Housing : Basuki Hadimuljono
25. Minister of Environment and Forestry : Siti Nurbaya
26. Minister of Agrarian and Spatial Planning : Ferry Musyidan Baldan
27. Minister of Religious Affairs : Lukman Hakim Saifuddin
28. Minister of Health : Nila F. Moeloek
29. Minister of Social Affairs : Khofifah Indra Parawansa
30. Minister of Womens Empowerment and Child Protection : Yohana Yembise
31. Minister of Culture and Elementary and Secondary Education M: Anies Baswedan
32. Minister of Research and Technology and Higher Education: M. Nasir
33. Minister of Youth and Sports : Imam Nahrawi.
34. Minister of Villages, Disadvantaged Regions and Transmigration : Marwan Jafar