Transportation Ministry Reminds Public to Be Careful Buying Flights Through OTA
Date 2 Desember 2019
In a bid to avoid misunderstanding related to airline ticket prices and to receive the best customer services, Ministry of Transportation reminded the public to be careful when buying flights through Online Travel Agent (OTA).
Director General of Civil Aviation for Ministry of Transportation Polana Banguningsih Pramesti said that Online Travel Agent (OTA) is an online agency that allows consumer to purchase airline tickets directly via internet.
“Customer convenience is provided, we can find not only the best price on airfares, but also more flight route options if direct flights are no longer available,” Polana said in her press statement, Monday (2/12).
Therefore, Polana reminded the public to be wiser and more careful when buying airline tickets through OTA.
The Director General also asked the public to ensure several things, which are among others:
- Airline routes, flight schedules, and seating class level on flights (economy or business) by filling in the information in the OTA’s application;
- Consumer has enabled the ‘filter’ feature and selected the desired filter, like direct flights, transit flights, one-way flights, as well as round-trip flights;
- Consumer should plan the trip well by searching or buying airline tickets many days in advance to get the best options and prices;
- Consumer is required to fill in all personal identities completely and correctly, as well as telephone numbers and service requirements needed so that consumer can be properly served by the airline;
- Consumer should understand the terms and conditions of carriage so that both parties can also understand the rights and responsibilities of consumers and the airline.
“This is conveyed so air transportation consumers would not misunderstand the matters related to airline ticket prices and be able to get the best service,” Polana said.
She added that Ministry of Transportation continued reminding the public to be careful when purchasing online flight ticket and be aware of misinformation provided by parties who intend to confuse the public and create unrest.
In purchasing airline tickets through OTA application, Polana said that the application will display several airline route options, flight schedules, and class of service as desired by the consumers with a variety of prices. (EN / Public Relations Ministry of Transportation / ES)
Translated by: Syarifah Aisyah
Reviewed by: Lulu Wuliarti