Welcome President Jokowi, Thank You Mister SBY
Today Indonesian Nation is entering a new page by having a new President who will serve during 2014-2019. Yes, the former Mayor of Solo and Governor of DKI Jakarta, Joko Widodo (Jokowi), who has been stipulated as the president-elect by Public Election Agency (KPU) and firmed through the winning in Constitutional Court, on Monday at 10.12 a.m. Western Indonesia Time will vow as President RI in front of the Plenary Meeting of Peoples Consultative Assembly of RI (MPR-RI).
Jokowi will be the seventh President RI to replace Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono who had served for two periods as President RI; which was in 2004-2009 and 2009-2014.
Following is the event arrangement of the President and Vice President Inauguration:
08.00 : Welcoming Reception for the Members and Invitees
09.21 : Attendance of vice president-elect Jusuf Kalla
09.23 : Attendance of president-elect Joko Widodo
09.25 : Attendance of Vice President Boediono
09.27 : Attendance of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono
09.29 : Attendance of State Guests
10.00 : Sing the National Anthem Indonesia Raya
10.02 : Moment of Silence led by the Speaker of MPR
10.05 : Opening of MPR Plenary Meeting
10.12 : Oath of President
10.16 : Oath of Vice President
10.20 : Signing of Inauguration Minutes
10.23 : Submission of Inauguration Minutes by the Speaker of MPR
10.25 : Speaker of MPY continues to chair the plenary meeting
10.45 : Speech of President-Elect
11.05 : Prayer by Religious Minister, Lukman Hakim Saifuddin
10.08 : Closing of Plenary Meeting
11.10 : Sing the National Anthem Indonesia Raya
11.12 : Plenary Meeting dismissed.
The inauguration of President Joko Widodo will be attended by around 17 state representatives and special envoys from partner countries. The Speaker of MPR-RI Zulkifli Hasan said that his party did not officially invite them.
Those 17 state guests who have confirmed about the attendances were:
1. President of Timor Lest Taur Matan Ruak;
2. Prime Minister of Brunei Darussalam HM Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah;
3. Prime Minister of New Guinea Peter ONieill;
4. Prime Minister of Australia Tony Abbott;
5. Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loong;
6. Prime Minister of Malaysia Dato Sri Mohd Najib bin Tun Abdul Razak;
7. Prime Minister of Haiti Laurent Salvador Lamonthe;
8. Special Envoy of Japan, former Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda;
9. Deputy Chairman of Chinese Parliament Yan Junqi;
10. Head Government Office of Viet Nam Vu Duc Ndu;
11. Foreign Affairs Minister of New Zealand Murray McCully;
12. Special Envoys of Korean Republic Kim Tae-whan and Ham Jin-kyu;
13. Deputy Prime Minister/Foreign Affairs Minister of Thailand Tanasak Patimapragorn
14. Special Envoy from the Netherlands Dr Tjeek Willink;
15. Foreign Affairs Minister of USA John Kerry;
16. Foreign Affairs Minister of England Philip Hammond; and
17. Industrial Minister of Russia Denis Valentinovich.
After the inauguration in MPR-RI and the state banquet, President Joko Widodo accompanied by First Lady Iriana Joko Widodo headed to the Circle of Hotel Indonesia (HI) to be paraded to Presidential Palace.
Arrived in the Palace, President Joko Widodo will be welcomed by Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and Madam Ani Yudhoyono to join the Military Big Ceremony. After the ceremony, President Joko Widodo and Madam Iriana will dismiss SBY and Madam Ani to leave the Presidential Palace headed to his private residence in Cikeas, Bogor, West Java.
Thus, starting from this day, Indonesia will enter the new history by having a new President and quoting from the cover of Time Magazine with the new hope.
We, the officials and staffs in Cabinet Secretariat express: Welcome President Jokowi, Thank You Mister SBY. (ES)