Gov’t Issues Joint Decree to Cut Three Days of 2020 Collective Leaves
Date 2 Desember 2020
In a bid to prevent new COVID-19 clusters, the Indonesian Government has officially decided to cut three days of the 2020 collective leaves.
The decision was stated in the Joint Decree of Minister of Religious Affairs, Minister of Manpower, and Minister of State Apparatus Empowerment and Bureaucratic Reform Number 744/2020, 05/2020, and 06/2020 on Fourth Amendment to the Joint Decrees of Minister of Religious Affairs, Minister of Manpower, and Minister of State Apparatus Empowerment and Bureaucratic Reform Number 728 of 2019, Number 213 of 2019, and Number 01 of 2019 on the 2020 National Holidays and Collective Leaves.
“In connection with government policies on preventing and handling COVID-19 spread and in anticipating the emergence of new clusters, it is necessary to stipulate changes to the 2020 national holidays and collective leaves,” the joint decree, signed on 1 December 2020, read.
Through the joint decree, the Government removed three days fromthe collective leavesas stipulated in the previous joint decree. The recent joint decree removed the substitutes for collective leaves of the Eid al-Fitr 1441 Hijri on 28-30 December 2020.
The following is a complete list of the 2020 National Holidays and Collective Leave Days based on the latest joint decree:
- Wednesday, 1 January, New Year of 2020;
- Saturday, 25 January, Chinese New Year of 2571;
- Sunday, 22 March, Ascension of the Prophet Muhammad;
- Wednesday, 25 March, Holy Nyepi Day, Saka New Year of 1942;
- Friday, 10 April, Good Friday;
- Friday, 1 May, International Labor Day;
- Thursday, 7 May, Vesak Day of 2564
- Thursday, 21 May, Ascension Day of Jesus Christ;
- Sunday-Monday, 24-25 May, Eid Al-Fitr 1441 Hijri;
- Monday, 1 June, the Birth of Pancasila Day;
- Friday, 31 July, Eid al-Adha 1441 Hijri;
- Monday, 17 August, Indonesian Independence Day;
- Thursday, 20 August, Islamic New Year 1442 Hijri;
- Thursday, 29 October, the Birth of the Prophet Muhammad;
- Friday, 25 December, Christmas Day.
Collective leave days:
- Friday, 21 August, Collective Leave for Islamic New Year 1442 Hijri;
- Wednesday & Friday, 28 & 30 October, Collective Leaves for the Birth of the Prophet Muhammad;
- Thursday, 24 December, Collective Leave for Christmas;
- Thursday, 31 December, Substitute for Collective Leave of Eid al-Fitr 1441 Hijri.