Health Minister Issues Health Protocols for Domestic Travelers
Date 3 Juli 2020
Minister of Health Terawan Agus Putranto on 26 June 2020 issued Circular Number HK.02.01/MENKES/382/2020.
The Circular stipulates protocols for supervision of domestic travelers at the airport and seaport during the new normal.
For the record, the Government will gradually reopen public sectors in several regions, and the policy will increase people mobility. Protocols for supervision of domestic travelers at airport and seaport are needed in order to prevent COVID-19 transmission.
The Circular provides guidance for authorized officers in supervising domestic travelers at airport and seaport, guidance for regional health officers, as well as guidance for relevant stakeholders during the new normal.
“The implementation of the protocols is expected to minimize the risks and impacts of COVID-19 pandemic in domestic travel at airport and seaport, the places with high risks of COVID-19 transmission,” Minister of Health Terawan said on Thursday (2/7).
Several factors to be considered by all stakeholders at airport and seaport are as follows:
- All domestic passengers and crew members of air transport and sea transport, both private and public, must be in good health and must implement the measures to prevent and control COVID-19, including by using face masks, frequently washing hands with soap or using hands sanitizer, keeping a safe distance (physical distancing), using eye/face protection, and implementing healthy lifestyle.
- Passengers and crew members of domestic travel must have:
- Certificate of negative RT-PCR test which is valid no later than 14 (fourteen) days or a certificate of nonreactive antigen/antibody rapid test which is valid no later than 14 (fourteen) days after the certificate is issued; and
- Health Alert Card (HAC).
- RT-PCR test certificate or rapid test certificate of passengers and crew members is issued by the Government health care facilities and private health care facilities stipulated by local health offices.
- In the event that the local health offices have not yet stipulated health care facilities that can issue RT-PCR test certificate and rapid test certificate, the tests can be carried out at:
- Emerging Infection Disease referral hospitals or COVID-19 test laboratories stipulated by Minister of Health;
- Hospitals or clinics in collaboration with port health office that carries out the International Certificate of Vaccination (ICV) issuance service; or
- other hospitals/laboratories owned by the Central Government or regional governments.
- Health Alert Cards (HAC) are obtained by downloading the electronic Health Alert Card (eHAC) application through Google Play/App Store or by accessing inahac.kemkes.go.id.
- At the time of purchasing airplane and/or ship tickets, domestic passengers are required to show a negative RT-PCR test certificate or a non-reactive antigen/antibody test result to the airline/shipping operator/travel agent. The passengers are also required to downloaded the Electronic Health Alert Card (eHAC) application and complete the form.
- Officers of the port health office at the airport or seaport of departure must implement the following measures:
- examination of body temperature of passengers and crew members;
- verification of negative RT-PCR test certificate or a non-reactive antigen/antibody test result of the passengers and crew members; and
- ensuring that electronic or non-electronic Health Alert Cards (HAC) have been filled in by passengers or crew members.
- Officers of the port health office at the airport or seaport of arrival must implement the following measures:
- examination of body temperature of passengers and crew members; and
- Verification of electronic or non-electronic Health Alert Cards (HAC) carried by passengers.
- Regional health offices can access information on the arrival of domestic travelers at airports or seaports in their regions through the Electronic Health Alert Card (eHAC) application. (Public Relations of Ministry of Health/EN)
Translated by: Ridwan Ibadurrohman
Reviewed by: Yuyu Mulyani