Only 2 Percent of Participants Still Use Paper and Pencil-Based Method on National Exam

By Office of Assistant to Deputy Cabinet Secretary for State Documents & Translation
Date 2 April 2018
Category: News
Read: 2.159 Views
Minister of Education and Culture Muhadjir Effendy observes National Exam in one of vocational schools, Jakarta, Monday (2/4) (Photo: Kemdikbud/PR)

Minister of Education and Culture Muhadjir Effendy observes National Exam in one of vocational schools, Jakarta, Monday (2/4) (Photo: Kemdikbud/PR)

Minister of Education and Culture Muhadjir Effendy observed the first day of National Examination (UN) for Vocational High School (SMK) in two schools, namely SMK Negeri 29 Jakarta and SMK Negeri 6 Jakarta, Monday (2/4). The two SMKs conducted a Computer-Based National Exam (UNBK) consisting of two sessions.

“Our target is to improve the quality of the Exam. We gradually input questions that require higher-order thinking skills to solve it, “said Muhadjir when observing the implementation of UN in SMK Negeri 6 Jakarta.

Muhadjir has targeted that the implementation of UN can be accounted in terms of honesty and standards. “Any findings or problems in UN will be the basis for making improvements,” he said.

Today, 1,485,302 SMK students follow the UN to be held from 2-5 April 2018. According to Muhadjir, only about 2 percent or 26,240 participants throughout Indonesia still use paper and pencil-based exam (UNKP). The remaining 1,395,666 students (98 percent) are already using computer-based exam (UNBK).

This year, the number of UNBK participants increases significantly to 6,293,552 participants, from 3,782,453 participants last year (increased by 166 percent).

Not only in Jakarta, the implementation of UNBK in other regions also runs smoothly. Muhadjir said he has not heard any obstacles related to the implementation of UNBK and UNKP.

As in previous year, Ministry of Education and Culture cooperates with state-owned electricity company PLN and PT Telkom for UNBK.

DKI Jakarta Province is one of 17 provinces that 100 percent implements UNBK. UNBK in SMK Negeri 29 Jakarta followed by 247 students, while in SMK Negeri 6 Jakarta followed by 260 students. “As per rules, unauthorized people are prohibited to enter the exam room. Even the Minister can not go in, “said Muhadjir. (DNA / Humas Kemendikbud / ES) (STU/MMB/Naster)

Latest News