President Jokowi: Indonesia Breaks Own Record in Securing Gold
Date 27 Agustus 2018
Until Monday afternoon (27/8), Indonesia so far has collected 12 gold, 13 silver, and 25 bronze medals.
President Joko Jokowi Widodo expressed his excitement over the achievements made by the athletes.
This is biggest number of gold medal weve won throughout the history of Indonesia’s participation in the Asian Games, President Jokowi wrote on his Facebook.
Indonesia’s medal achievement, according to the President, is even better than Indonesias first hosted the Asiad 56 years ago.
For the record, President Jokowi on various occasions keep repeating that Indonesia eyes 16 gold medals and be in top 10 on the medal tally.
As of this news was published, Indonesia ranks fifth under China, Japan, Korea and Iran. However, the host country expected to gain more gold, including from individual badminton, pencak silat, and climbing.
List of Indonesian gold medalist in 2018 Asian Games:
- Defia Rosmaniar (taekwondo);
- Lindswell Kwok (wushu);
- Khoiful Mukhib (downhill cycling race)
- Tiara Andini Prastika (downhill cycling race)
- Eko Yuli Irawan (weightlift)
- Tim putra ketepatan mendarat (paragliding)
- Jafro Megaranto (paragliding)
- Aries Susanti Rahayu (wall climbing)
- Tim putra LM8+ (rowing)
- Christopher Rungkat/Aldila Sutjiadi (tennis)
- Rifki Ardiansyah Arrosyid (karate), and
- Aqsa Sutan Aswar (jetski)