Well be a Big, Powerful Country if We Stay United, Optimistic: President Jokowi
Date 16 November 2018
The time capsule that stores seven dreams of Indonesian children to support the Lets Work National Movement initiated by President Joko Jokowi Widodo three years ago at Zero Kilometer in Sabang, Aceh Province has now been erected as a Time Capsule Monument in Merauke, Papua province.
This is a call to all elements of the nation to start a great, joint hard work to realize our dreams, President Jokowi said at his remarks at the Inauguration of the Monument on Friday (16/11).
The President also expressed belief that the seven dreams of the children will be realized if all elements of the nation work hard together. If we stay united, optimistic and full of confidence, we will become a big, powerful country. A dignified and respected country in the world, the President said.
Three years ago, the President continued, the seven dreams were put into a time capsule, which was moving around 34 provinces stretching 24,089 kilometers in total.
The capsule expedition has succeeded in bringing the 2015-2085 Indonesian Dream Time Capsule from the westernmost part to the easternmost part of Indonesia, he added.
The seven dreams written and stored in the capsule are:
- Indonesian human resources to excel those of other nations in the world;
- Indonesian people to uphold pluralism, culture, religions, and ethics;
- Indonesia to be the center of education, technology, and world civilization;
- Indonesian people and state apparatus to be corruption-free;
- Equal infrastructure development all over Indonesia;
- Indonesia to be an independent and the most influential country in Asia Pasific; and
- Indonesia to be the barometer of the worlds economic growth.
President Jokowi stressed that to realize the dreams, several generations hard work are needed. The big works will continue for 70 to 100 years. All elements of the nation must continue to work hard, there is no shortcut, he said.
The big works, the President continued, is to realize Indonesia’s dream in 2085 and beyond. We must dare to decide on difficult choices to move faster. We must dare to take a leap to reach advancement, President Jokowi added. (BPMI/EN)
Translated by: Galuh Wicaksono
Edited by: Muhammad Ersan Pamungkas