President Jokowi Inaugurates 12 Indonesian Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Date 26 Oktober 2020
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has officially inaugurated 12 Indonesian Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary (LBBP) to friendly countries, at the State Palace, Jakarta, Monday (26/10).
The appointment of the Indonesian ambassadors is based on Presidential Decree Number 106/P of 2020 on the Appointment of Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Indonesia, dated 19 October 2020 read out by Secretary of Minister of State Secretary Setya Utama.
After the reading of the Decree, the ambassadors took their oath. “I promise that I, to be appointed as ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary, will be faithful to the 1945 Constitution of the Republic of Indonesia and execute all laws and regulations as straightforwardly as possible for the sake of my service to the nation and state,” President Jokowi said, dictating the oath of office to ambassadors.
The 12 Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary who were inaugurated by the President are, as follows:
- Dindin Wahyudin, Indonesian Ambassador to the Republic of Senegal, with concurrent accreditation to the Republic of Cabo Verde, Republic of the Gambia, Republic of Guinea, Republic of Guinea-Bissau, Republic of Mali, Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, and Republic of Sierra Leone, residing in Dakar;
- Roem Kono, Indonesian Ambassador to Bosnia and Herzegovina, residing in Sarajevo;
- Dewi Savitri Wahab, Indonesian Ambassador to the Kingdom of Denmark, with concurrent accreditation to the Republic of Lithuania, residing in Copenhagen;
- Nana Yuliana, Indonesian Ambassador to the Republic of Cuba, with concurrent accreditation to the Commonwealth of the Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Republic of Haiti, and Jamaica, residing in Havana;
- Heri Akhmadi, Indonesian Ambassador to Japan, with concurrent accreditation to the Federated States of Micronesia, residing in Tokyo;
- Elmar Iwan Lubis, Indonesian Ambassador to the Republic of Iraq, residing in Baghdad;
- Iwan Bogananta, Indonesian Ambassador to the Republic of Bulgaria, with concurrent accreditation to the Republic of Albania and Republic of North Macedonia, residing in Sofia;
- Jose Antonio Morato Tavares, Indonesian Ambassador to the Russian Federation, with concurrent accreditation to the Republic of Belarus, residing in Moscow;
- Desra Percaya, Indonesian Ambassador to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, with concurrent accreditation to the International Maritime Organization (IMO), residing in London;
- Chalief Akbar Tjandraningrat, Indonesian Ambassador to the People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, residing in Alger;
- Lutfi Rauf, Indonesian Ambassador to the Arab Republic of Egypt, residing in Cairo;
- Rachmat Budiman, Indonesian Ambassador to the Kingdom of Thailand, with concurrent accreditation to UN-ESCAP, residing in Bangkok.
For the record, the inauguration was held by implementing strict health protocols, namely wearing face masks and face shields by the attendees as well as maintaining a safe distance.
After the oath-taking, the Indonesian national anthem Indonesia Raya was reverberated. At the end of the ceremony, President Jokowi and Vice President Ma’ruf Amin congratulated the newly-inaugurated ambassadors. (TGH/UN)
Translated by: Fairuzzamani Inayatillah
Reviewed by: Muhardi