President Jokowi Inaugurates 17 Indonesian Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Date 13 Maret 2017
President Joko Jokowi Widodo inaugurated 17 Indonesian Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to friendly countries on Monday (13/3), at the State Palace, Jakarta. The inauguration was conducted under Presidential Decree Number 32P and 35P of 2017, dated 10 March 2017, on the Designation of Indonesian Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary.
The inauguration ceremony was begun when Indonesian national anthem was reverberated by Marching Band of Presidential Security Details (Paspampres). Afterwards, the Presidential Decree was read and the 17 ambassadors took their oath and inaugurated by the President. Then, they signed the minutes of the inauguration.
After the ceremony, President Jokowi, accompanied by First Lady Ibu Iriana, and Vice President Jusuf Kalla, accompanied by Ibu Mufidah Kalla, congratulated the new-inaugurated ambassadors.
The Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary who were inaugurated by President Jokowi are, as follows:
- Hasan Kleib, MA, Indonesian Ambassador/Permanent Representative of the Republic of Indonesia to the United Nations, WTO, and international organizations, posted in Geneva;
- Priyo Iswanto, MA, Indonesian Ambassador to Colombia, Antigua, and Barbuda, posted in Bogotá;
- Gen. (ret) Dr. Ir. Arief Rachman, MM, MBA, Indonesian Ambassador to Afghanistan, posted in Kabul;
- Rahmat Pramono, MA, Indonesian Ambassador to Kazakhstan and Tajikistan, posted in Astana;
- Dr. Ikrar Nusa Bhakti, Indonesian Ambassador to Tunisia, posted in Tunis;
- Nur Syahrir Rahardjo, Indonesian Ambassador to Bahrain, posted in Manama;
- Tantowi Yahya, Indonesian Ambassador to New Zealand, Samoa, and the Kingdom of Tonga, posted in Wellington;
- Darmansjah Djumala, MA, Indonesian Ambassador to Austria, Republic of Slovenia, and Permanent Representative of the Republic of Indonesia to the United Nations, posted in Vienna;
- Sahat Sitorus, Indonesian Ambassador to Timor-Leste, posted in Dili;
- Yohanes Kristiarto Soeryo Legowo, Indonesian Ambassador to Australia and Republic of Vanuatu, posted in Canberra;
- Umar Hadi, MA, Indonesian Ambassador to South Korea, posted in Seoul;
- I Gusti Ngurah Ardiyasa, Indonesian Ambassador to Sri Lanka and Republic of Maldives, posted in Colombo;
- Dr. Yuddy Chrisnandi, ME, Indonesian Ambassador to Ukraine, Republic of Armenia, and Georgia, posted in Kiev;
- Arifin Tasrif, Indonesian Ambassador to Japan and Federated States of Micronesia, posted in Tokyo;
- Andy Rachmianto, M.Phil, Indonesian Ambassador to Jordan and Palestine, posted in Amman;
- R.A. Esti Andayani, Indonesian Ambassador to Italy, Republic of Malta, Republic of San Marino, and Republic of Cyprus, posted in Rome; and
- Gen (ret) Sjahroedin Zainal Pagaralam, SH, Indonesian Ambassador to Croatia, posted in Zagreb.
Also attending the event were Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal, and Security Affairs Wiranto, Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs Luhut B. Pandjaitan, Minister of Foreign Affairs Retno Marsudi, Minister of Defense Ryamizard Ryacudu, Minister of Agrarian and Spatial Planning/Head of National Land Agency Sofyan Djalil, Minister of State Secretary Pratikno, Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung, Minister of Transportation Budi Karya Sumadi, and Minister of Manpower Hanif Dhakiri. (FID/JAY/ES)(RA/MMB/YM/Naster)